Thursday, July 12, 2007

Monotony....

Life these days is pretty monotonous... everyday for the past few months, I've been working, going home, working, going home... there's not much to look forward to...

I suddenly miss the variety of entertainment in Singapore (and Asia in general)... Life is slow here.. and there's NO night life... about 2 weeks ago, my sis, me and 2 other friends went to watch a show.. Eagle vs. Shark... fantastic show... but I digress... The show ended at 9.20pm... and we haven't had our dinner... but guess what... Restaurants are closed or closing... and the only place that has food at this time is 7-Eleven.... We tried walking to downtown in hope of having better luck... but nope... only the REALLY expensive places are still opened.. but even then they close at 11pm...

Flashback to 7 months ago... at 9.20pm, I might just be heading into the cinema... or getting a desert or midnight snack... Now? 9.20pm I'm mostly at home, using the internet... that's what I do every night because it's the most entertaining thing to do...
Next door (in the living room), the family is watching some melodrama HK serial... I think the only good HK serial these days are the comedies... the dramas are terrible... and I don't even have to watch it to know... listening is already bad enough...

Ok! enough of the whining... Some good news... I got a new part-time job @ Macy's (a large shopping mall)... So now I have 2 part-time job and so more money... and more money means I'm gettin closer to my goal of moving out with my sis and parents!

On a happy note, my parents will be coming over in August... and hopefully we can have a place of our own soon....

No comments: