School...
It is tiring to be working and studying at the same time... I wonder how some of my other colleagues to work full time and are full time students do it? I am only working part time and I find it difficult to manage both of them at the same time... Everyday i'm too tired to do the work... and I end up accumulating... I have been more consistent with my homework and reading than back in SMU... I remember reading all the materials for the first time for my Political Science course with Joyce... and ended up eating only... think i went to catch a movie after... talk about priorities...
A lot of people here put themselves through college on their own... not to mention pay their rent (most of them move out after turning 18)... Rent here is insanely crazy... so I really dunno how they do it... they might take a little longer to finish sch... but that's alright cos they are enjoying all their experiences in their lives... and they lead lives that are not as conventional... and I kinda admire that...
In Asia, I would think that the road is pretty straight forward and people who take a detour has a load of judgement on them... so I think that second chances and opportunities to get back on track is something that would be nice to have in Singapore too...
Zan was saying that she feels weird going back to sch at 21... but here I have classmates who are 40 +... one of them is in my hip hop class... Truly life long learning...
Damn I really miss the food in Singapore... don't know what the crap I am eating most of these days... would like some Hokkien mee, Bedok zhui gui and 5-star chicken rice...
Haven't been up to date with things in Singapore... cos nobody sends me any email updates?!! ya i know, I should just go and read the newspaper... will update again soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment